These are made from resins that can be matched to the color of your teeth, so they become invisible when applied.
Composite fillings also provide an excellent seal on the affected area, so that the tooth decay can be prevented.
Depending on the type of treatment you have received for your dental problem, it might be necessary to:
- Make your tooth restored to its original size and shape.
- Supply additional physical support for the treated tooth.
- Get a complete "makeover" on the affected tooth For cases like these, a crown is the most logical option.
Stained or discolored teeth are very common among adults of all ages, and come from different sources, such as: Coffee, Red wine, Soda, Tea, Tobacco, Some medications.
The key to a long lasting, bright and white smile is to have them bleached by a cosmetic dentist before discoloration becomes too severe. Whether you choose an in-office or at-home process, you can be sure that you will receive solid advice, professional care, and a smile that will knock off the socks of all the people!
Laser dentistry can eliminate the need for anesthesia, excessive bleeding and stitches after surgery, as well as a reduced recovery time.
Benefits of laser dentistry:
- Less recovery time and a procedure with little pain or even painless.
- The gums are reformed without cutting.
- Benign tumors can be removed from the mouth area without the need for sutures.
- The teeth whitening can be done in a short time.
Oral Cancer Screening
From the thousands of people who are diagnosed with oral cancer each year, two-thirds of the cases are found at the late stages of the disease. This is largely due to the fact that there is not a great level of awareness among the public of the symptoms and signs of oral cancer.
While smoking and alcohol consumption can cause oral cancer, heavy usage of both increases the risk exponentially. Symptoms of oral cancer can include:
- Problems at chewing
- Ulcers in and around the mouth that last longer than two weeks
- Small lesions or lumps, pale or dark colored, in the mouth area
Like dental implants, dental bridges are used to replace a missing tooth, except that bridges are supported by the teeth on either sides called abutment teeth.
Like many cosmetic dental processes, placing bridges also serves as a restorative purpose. A dental bridge will improve your ability to chew and speak as well as a perfect smile. In a recent study, published in the Journal of the American Dental Association, dental bridges were shown to dramatically reduce the risk of losing teeth that are adjacent to a missing tooth. In addition, dental bridges can help to keep your jaw and face from changing shape, as they tend to do when a person has a missing teeth.
Cleaning & Consultation
We all know that a good oral hygiene keeps teeth looking bright and clear, but did you know that it is also essential for your overall health? A bad oral hygiene can lead to a variety of dental and medical problems, such as gum disease, infections, heart disease, stroke and even diabetes.
That's why dentists recommend that the teeth have to be cleaned professionally twice in a year. Teeth cleaning is the removal of dental plaque and tartar in order to prevent cavities, gingivitis and gum disease. The average dental cleaning is a routine procedure thsat is rarely painful and takes 30 to 45 minutes.
One of the most popular and effective developments in cosmetic dentistry are the veneers, they are thin, custom made casings that cover the front side of your teeth. Veneers are used to correct uneven teeth, worn enamel, discoloration, chipped teeth and irregular spacing, and can last over 20 years. In some cases, veneers can serve a restorative purpose and can protect a damaged tooth from further harm.
Types of Veneers:
Significantly stronger than bridges or dentures, a dental implant offers a single and a permanent solution to a lost tooth. The implant is integrated into your jaw with a small titanium screw and over the course of several months, naturally bonds with your mouth. This process is relatively simple and is effective in almost all cases, so there's no need to postpone the restoring of that great smile.
At Quality Gentle Dental Care, we always do everything possible to treat your teeth and remedy any dental disease. Unfortunately, in some cases the damage to the teeth is at such an advanced stage that it may be necessary to extract the tooth in order to maintain your dental health.
- Dr. Erico Carreño is a graduate from the U.M.S.N.H Dental School in Mexico in the class of 1988. He is a member of several institutions: American Dental Association (ADA), International Association of Orthodontics (IAO), Hispanic Dental Association (HDA), American Association for Functional Orthodontics (AAFO) and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
- He is a talented and experienced Tijuana-San Diego area cosmetic dentist, Dr. Erico Carreño is devoted to creating and restoring beautiful and healthy smiles for all of his patients.
- A cosmetic dentist who is highly regarded for his depth and breadth of knowledge, that specializes in a full range of dental procedures, including PORCELAIN VENEERS, CROWNS, ORTHODONTICS, TEETH BLEACHING AND LASER DENTISTRY, procedures that does at his Tijuana Practice Center, so no matter what your dental needs are, he has a solution.
- Today, the cosmetic dentist, Dr. Carreño keeps his practice up to date with most innovative and advanced dental technology and procedures by taking post-doctorate education courses in complex restorative, cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics.